IPADE Business School
Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresa (IPADE) was founded in 1967 by a group of prominent businessmen. In 1969 Universidad Panamericana (UP) was founded, at which point IPADE became the university’s business school.
IPADE Business School is advised by two committees formed by directors and professors of Harvard Business School and IESE Business School. Likewise, it has collaborative partnerships with the world’s major business schools, which allows the university to offer participants a broad vision of the international business environment.
Forty-seven years after its foundation, IPADE has had a total of over 30,000 graduates from its range of programs. IPADE Business School has contributed to the launching of homologous business schools in Latin America, such as University of La Sabana’s INALDE Business School in Colombia, University of Piura’s PAD Business School in Peru, and the IDE Business School in Ecuador.
Mission, Vision and Values
Our 12 academic departments engage in the education of participants from the different IPADE Programs. They are formed by a faculty of 65 full-time professors who primarily teach their classes with the Case Method, but also use a number of other teaching techniques such as simulations, workshops, negotiating exercises and panels with some of the figures from the cases who share their styles of doing business.
To maintain the “state of the art” knowledge provided in their academic areas as well as in the business world, IPADE professors carry out a variety of activities, such as:
- Focused on the elaboration of real business cases, books and articles, through which the best of current knowledge is brought to the classrooms.
- Giving classes that employee Case Method; conferences, team assessment and acting as tutors.
- Management work. Focused on performing roles, such as director, within IPADE.
- Professors’ practice in the real business world guarantees our participants’ solid education.
IPADE Business School is part of several major international networks, including:
- Global Business School Network - GBSN. This network builds the management education capacity for the developing world. It harness the power of a global network of leading business schools to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing, advancing management education that delivers international best practices with local relevance.
- European Foundation for Management Development - EFMD. This is a network of over 750 member organizations from academia, business, public service and consultancy in 81 countries. A unique forum for information, research, networking and debate on innovation and best practices in management development. EFMD is also recognized globally as an accreditation body of quality in management education with established accreditation services for business schools and business school programs, corporate universities and technology-enhanced learning programs.
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - AACSB. This is a non-profit membership organization of educational institutions, businesses and other entities devoted to the advancement of management education. It provides its members with a variety of products and services to assist them with the continuous improvement of their business programs and schools.
- Association of MBAs – AMBA. The Association of MBAs (AMBA) is the international impartial authority on postgraduate business education, established in 1967 by a small group of business graduates with the aim to raise the profile of business education and the MBA qualification in UK and Europe.
IPADE has had an outstanding presence in a number of international and national rankings published by some of the world’s most important information media organizations, which review and evaluate the best business schools and their programs.
The rankings measure different variables such as graduates’ satisfaction upon completing their studies at business schools and what impact the programs have on the advancement of their professional careers.
IPADE´s main building is a 300 years old Hacienda. IPADE has world class facilities fully equipped.