Style Guide for Authors
No Title Page: No author information. Just include the title of the manuscript.
Abstract (Limit 200 words): A concise abstract is required. The abstract should state briefly the purpose of the research, the principal results and major conclusions. An abstract is often presented separately from the article, so it must be able to stand alone. For this reason, References should be avoided, but if essential, then cite the author(s) and year(s). Also, non-standard or uncommon abbreviations should be avoided, but if essential they must be defined at their first mention in the abstract itself.
Page Layout & Spacing: Page size must be 8.5 x 11-inches ("letter" size). Do not use A4. All margins (left, right, top and bottom) must be 1 inch (2.54 cm), including your tables and figures. Double space your text.
Fonts type & size:
- Main Body—12 pt. Times or the closest comparable font available
- Equations—12 pt. Times or the closest comparable font available
- Footnotes—10 pt. Times or the closest comparable font available
- Tables, graphs & figures—Text accompanying graphs, figures and tables should be no smaller than 8 pt.
Headings: Use no more than three levels of headings similar in format to APA.
References: Please follow APA style for references both in-text and in the reference section located at the end of the paper.
- References within the text of your manuscript: Use the author-date method of citation. For instance, "As noted by Smith (1776)."
- Reference to a journal publication: Van der Geer, J., Hanraads, J. A. J., & Lupton, R. A. (2010). The art of writing a scientific article. Journal of Scientific Communications, 163, 51–59.
- Reference to a book: Strunk, W., Jr., & White, E. B. (1979). The elements of style. (4th ed.). New York: Longman, (Chapter 4).
- Reference to a chapter in an edited book: Mettam, G. R., & Adams, L. B. (2009). How to prepare an electronic version of your article. In B. S. Jones, & R. Z. Smith (Eds.), Introduction to the electronic age (pp. 281–304). New York: E-Publishing Inc.
Please follow a consistent format and for more details regarding the APA style please visit: http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/apa01.html